What are Sesame Seeds?
Botanical Name:- Sesamum indicum
Commercial Part:- Seeds
Sesame is a flowering plant in the genus Sesame, also called benne. Numerous wild relatives occur in Africa and a smaller number in India.
Sesame seeds have the highest oil content in comparison to other oilseeds used in the food industry. With its origin in East India, it is one of the most widely used oil seeds. They have a strong, nutty flavor which has made the seeds very popular in Japanese, Korean, and Middle Eastern cuisines.
KDC, as one of the most trusted sesame seeds exporters, offers various sesame seeds products. They are Sesame Seeds Hulled, Sundried, Sortexed, and dried.
These flavourful seeds can be used as a spice, can be consumed raw and their oil can be used for frying and general cooking purposes.
Sesame seed oil serves as an excellent salad oil and can be used to substitute olive oil. The seeds enhance the flavor of baked bread, cookies, candies, and chocolates. Sesame seed flour is very rich in protein, making it a healthy option for consumption.
ORIGIN AND DISTRIBUTION
Sesame is an annual plant growing 50 to 100 cm (1.6 to 3.3 ft) tall, with opposite leaves 4 to 14 cm (1.6 to 5.5 in) long with an entire margin; they are broad lanceolate, to 5 cm (2 in) broad, at the base of the plant, narrowing to just 1 cm (0.4 in) broad on the flowering stem.
The flowers are tubular, 3 to 5 cm (1.2 to 2.0 in) long, with a four-lobed mouth. The flowers may vary in color, with some being white, blue, or purple. Sesame seeds occur in many colors depending on the cultivar.
The most-traded variety of sesame is off-white colored. Other common colors are buff, tan, gold, brown, reddish, gray, and black. The color is the same for the hull and the fruit.
Types of Sesame Seeds
- Natural White Sesame Seeds
- Hulled Sesame Seeds
- Black Sesame Seeds
- Sesame seeds are good for healthy cooking and also treated suitable for salad oils and margarine
- Sesame seeds in India are used for seasoning purposes to enrich the flavor of your dish and generally available with top sesame seeds exporters.
- Natural Sesame Seeds have plenty of medicinal benefits and good to protect the liver from oxidative damage.
- The powder prepared using sesame seeds is good for bakery foods mostly in bread and buns for crunchiness.
- A paste or spread is prepared through sesame seeds that are usually suitable for crackers and toasts.
- Sesame powder is generally used with homemade bread and adds a nutty flavor to recipes.
- Sesame seeds are popular to keep your heart and mind healthy and sesame seeds exporters are growing every day who deliver quality products to their customers at the most favorable prices.
- Sesame seeds are good to use with food items and cooking items.
- It can be used for treating diseases like headache or migraine
- It is used to give protection to our lever and helps in oxidative damage.
- It can be used along with bakery items mostly in pieces of bread
- It is added to bread and other recipes for a nutty flavor